Retrieving Account Information...

Ohio Treasurer of State

EFT Registration System

Frequently Asked Questions

What payment options does the Treasurer of State accept?
ACH Credit only.
What is the ACH credit option?
You authorize your bank to send your tax payment to the State of Ohio. We Will provide you with the banking information when you register to pay via EFT.
What ID number do I use to pay my taxes via EFT?
Use your Ohio ID/Account number/Vendor's license number assigned to you by the Ohio Department of Taxation or call the Ohio Department of Taxation at 1-888-405-4039.
How do I determine my ninth digit?
Refer to the notice you received, or your tax return. (1st digit of your TIN)

Commercial Activity Tax and Cigarette Stamp Tax distributor account numbers should use a zero at the end of their account number. For KWH/MCF Tax, the 9th digit is assigned by the Department of Taxation.
Will I be subjected to penalties or interest if I'm late paying my taxes via EFT?
Yes. This can verified by calling the Ohio Department of Taxation at 1-888-405-4089.
Can I remit my School District Income Taxes via EFT?
Yes, but only on the Ohio Business Gateway website.
Do the tax due dates change for EFT payments?
No. You must comply with the same established due dates that are listed on your tax returns as required by the Ohio Department of Taxation.
Can I make EFT payments voluntarily?
Yes. Just fill out an agreement form and fax or mail it to us. Click the EFT Agreement Form on the Main Menu to download an agreement form.
How can I file my taxes and returns electronically?
At the Ohio Business Gateway website.
What type of taxes can be paid through the Treasurer's Office EFT?
  • Commercial Activity
  • Municipal
  • Sales or Use
  • Financial Institution
  • Petroleum Activity Tax/License
  • Municipal Net Profits
  • MCF & KWH
  • Premium Insurance
  • Streamlined Sales
  • 911 Wireless
  • Ohio-IFTA
  • Pass-through Entity
  • Motor Vehicle Fuel
  • Public Utilities
  • Withholding
  • Severance
  • Ohio-Cigarette/Cuyahoga Tax
  • Other Tobacco Products Tax
When is my payment due if the due date is on a weekend or holiday?
The next banking day.
What if I have overpaid on my accelerated payments?
You must call the Ohio Department of Taxation or email them by clicking the Contact Us button on their website.

If you have questions, call the Treasurer of State's Office at 1-877-EFT-OHIO
8:00am - 4:00pm EST